Advanced wireless multifunctional telescope adapter.
Nexus-II combines Digital Setting Circles and USB Serial To Wifi interface in one powerful package.
Nexus-II is a multifunctional WiFi telescope interface. Using the advantages of WiFi, Nexus allows seamless interfacing of your telescope to the most popular planetarium software running on WiFi compatible computing devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Computers, Kindle Fire, Android phones/tablets, Windows-based PCs/tablets.
You can use Nexus-II with planetarium software such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel, TheSky, and more.
- Up to 11 hours battery life
- Rechargeable Lithium battery
- Operating temperatures range from -20ºC – 50ºC (-4ºF – 120ºF)
- Supports SiTech communication protocol
- Handles TTL quadrature optical encoders with practically unlimited number of pulses per second
- Reverse polarity protection
- One USB port
- Class I WiFi device (up to 150 metres range)
- Works with planetarium software running on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X
Nexus-II can function as:
- Wireless DSC
- Wireless DSC** with SiTech motor controller
- USB*** serial to WiFi adapters
Using Nexus-II in combination with a planetarium software provides a cost effective yet very advanced DSC controller supporting all popular telescopes.
Powered a rechargeable Lithium* battery or external power (5-9V DC), Nexus-II will be there when you need it.
Both Access Point and Infrastructure (WPE/WPA/WPA2) WiFi network connections are supported.
Please refer to the user manual for further detail. It can be downloaded from the Manuals & Guides page
on our website.
WHAT’S IN EACH BOX
Please note that encoders and/or an encoder kit are not included with your purchase of our Nexus units, they have to be purchased separately.
- 1 x Nexus-II unit
- 1 x Nexus-II User Manual
- 1 x Nexus-II Setup Guide for Sky Safari
- 1 x 0.3m USB charging cable
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS INCLUDE
- Universal power adapters (set of 5)
75mm x 105mm x 36mm (LxWxH)Weight:
- Nexus’s running time is approximately 11 hours (with 10,000-step encoders**** and a fully charged battery); user replaceable**
- Using a special utility from Astro Devices is required to be able to use Nexus with other planetarium software supporting SiTech. Please also note that additional cables are required that are available from Astro Devices at extra cost. Please e-mail us for further details. All generations of ServoCAT are supported (USB and non-USB).***
- Nexus-II supports USB serial devices based on CP210x (iOptron mounts), FT232x (ServoCAT Gen3, SiTech) and PL2303 (iOptron, Meade) chips.****
- Encoders sold separately