Advanced wireless multifunctional telescope adapter.
Nexus combines Digital Setting Circles and USB Serial To Wifi interface in one powerful package.
Nexus is a multifunctional WiFi telescope interface. Using the advantages of WiFi, Nexus allows seamless interfacing of your telescope to the most popular planetarium software running on WiFi compatible computing devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Computers, Kindle Fire, Android phones/tablets, Windows based PCs/tablets.
You can use Nexus with planetarium software such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel, TheSky, and more.
- Dual power source – internal 9V battery, or external 9-25V DC
- Operating temperatures range from -20ºC – 50ºC (-4ºF – 120º)
- Supports extended Ouranos, Bbox, and Sky Commander communication protocols
- Handles TTL quadrature optical encoders with practically unlimited number of pulses per second
- Class I WiFi device (up to 150 metres range)
- Two RS232 ports
- One USB port
- Controls the shutter release on DSLRs
- Works with planetarium software running on iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac OS X
- Supports ServoCAT, SiTech and SkyTracker
Nexus can function as:
- Wireless DSC
- Wireless DSC with ServoCAT*
- Wireless DSC + 2 x RS232 to WiFi + 1 x USB** serial to WiFi adapters
- Serial to WiFi adapter
Both Access Point and Infrastructure (WPE/WPA/WPA2) WiFi network connections are supported. WPS is supported in the infrastructure mode only.
Using Nexus in combination with a planetarium software provides a cost effective yet very advanced DSC controller supporting all popular telescopes.
Please refer to the user manual
for further detail. It can be downloaded from the Manuals & Guides page
on our website.
WHAT’S IN EACH BOX
Please note that encoders and/or an encoder kit are not included with your purchase of our Nexus units, they have to be purchased separately.
- 1 x Nexus unit
- 1 x Nexus User Manual
- 1 x Nexus Setup Guide booklet
- 1 x 90cm car lighter adapter cable
- 1 x 90cm DB9 male serial cable
- 1 x wall mount panel with screws
ADDITIONAL OPTIONS INCLUDE
- 90cm serial cable for Celestron
- 90cm serial cable for Orion/Skywatcher
- 90cm serial cable for Meade LX200
- 90cm serial cable for Meade Autostar
88mm x 110mm x 38mm (LxWxH)Weight:
140g (without battery)
- Using a special utility from Astro Devices is required to be able to use Nexus with other planetarium software supporting ServoCAT. Please also note that additional cables are required that are available from Astro Devices at extra cost. Please e-mail us for further details. All generations of ServoCAT are supported (USB and non-USB).**
- Nexus supports USB serial devices based on CP210x (iOptron mounts), FT232x (ServoCAT Gen3, SiTech) and PL2303 (iOptron, Meade) chips.***
- Encoders sold separately