Advanced Digital Setting Circles
Nexus DSC Pro is an advanced digital setting circles computer that packs all the latest technologies into a device designed for your telescope.
The Nexus DSC Pro boasts a powerful CPU and larger flash memory & RAM that allow you to spend more time doing what you really want: looking at the sky.
With the Pro’s upgraded CPU, memory, RAM, and sensors, you can store more objects in the database, search the database quicker, use encoder speeds of up to 100 million steps per second, and understand the environment around you better. The Pro will also have multi-lingual support, planned for the future.
You can use the Nexus DSC Pro with planetarium software (such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel, and TheSky) on WiFi-enabled computing devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Apple Computers, Android phones/tablets, Kindle Fire, and Windows based PCs/tablets).
- Red OLED graphical display
- Full numeric tactile keypad
- Practically unlimited number of celestial objects in its database*
- Internal rechargeable Lithium battery
- Built-in GPS receiver
- Powerful Identify and Tour modes
- Built-in sensors: barometric pressure, humidity and temperature
- Multi-point telescope pointing analysis system
- Supports up to 512GB microSD cards
- Optional WiFi interface to your tablet/smartphone/laptop
- Supports ServoCAT, SiTech and SkyTracker motor controllers
- User catalogues (practically unlimited**) can be added and used
- Can be charged/powered from an external 5-16V DC power source
Check out the full features of the Nexus DSC Pro by downloading the specifications
All instruction manuals and user guides can be found on our website on the Manuals & Guides page
All software updates can be found on the Downloads page
WHAT’S IN EACH BOX
Please note that encoders and/or an encoder kit are not included with your purchase of our Nexus units, they have to be purchased separately.
- 1 x Nexus DSC Pro unit
- 1 x Nexus DSC Pro User Manual
- 1 x Nexus DSC Pro Quick Setup Guide
- 1 x 30cm USB charging cable
- 1 x 90cm car lighter adapter cable
ADD-ONS (available at extra cost):
- Universal power adapter
- A WiFi card (installed in the Nexus DSC Pro device)
140mm x 120mm x 38mm (LxWxH)Weight:
- Nexus DSC Pro’s internal flash memory currently contains in excess of 73,500 objects while the microSD card extends this currently to over 2.5 million objects but the limiting factor is the size of the microSD card used.**
- User catalogues can be placed on a micro SD card only.