Advanced wireless multifunctional telescope adapter:
Nexus combines Digital Setting Circles and Serial To Wifi interface in one powerful package
Nexus is a multifunctional WiFi telescope interface. Using the advantages of WiFi, Nexus allows seamless interfacing of your telescope to the most popular planetarium software running on WiFi compatible computing devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Computers, Kindle Fire, Android phones/tablets, Windows based PCs/tablets.You can use Nexus with planetarium software such as SkySafari Plus/Pro, Starry Night, Cartes du Ciel, TheSky just to name a few.
Powered either by a common 9V battery or external power (9-25V DC) - Nexus will be there when you need it.
Nexus can function as:
- Wireless DSC
- Wireless DSC with ServoCAT1
- Wireless DSC + 2 x RS232 to WiFi + 1 x USB2 serial to WiFi adapters
- Serial to WiFi adapter
Both Access Point and Infrastructure (WPE/WPA/WPA2) WiFi network connections are supported. WPS is supported in the infrastructure mode only.
Nexus in combination with a planetarium software provides a cost effective yet very advanced DSC controller supporting all popular telescopes. Nexus delivers rapid location of those hard to find object in a compact package.
Please refer to the user manual for further detail. It can be downloaded from the Downloads section of our website. Some of the possible questions you may have are answered here.
We can also supply encoders along with encoder installation hardware for some telescopes.
Feel free to drop us an e-mail if you have any questions.
You can purchase Nexus using PayPal by clicking one of the buttons below.
US$269.95$229.95 IN STOCK
AU$269.95AU$229.95+GST IN STOCK
1. Using a special utility from Astro Devices is required to be able to use Nexus with other planetarium software supporting ServoCAT. Please also note that additional cables are required that are available from Astro Devices at extra cost. Please e-mail us for further details. All generations of ServoCAT are supported (USB and non-USB).
2. Nexus supports USB serial devices based on CP210x (iOptron mounts), FT232x (ServoCAT Gen3, SiTech) and PL2303 (iOptron, Meade) chips.
Here are a few easy setup guides to using Nexus:
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with Deep Sky Browser
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with Megastar
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with SkySafari
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with TheSky 6
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus and ServoCAT with planetarium software running under Windows
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus as WiFi to Serial adapter
- Quick Setup Guide to using Nexus with ServoCAT and Deep Sky Browser and SkySafari